What is HydroGIS?
HydroGIS Viewer is an interactive web map funded by the Department of Energy's (DOE) Water Power Technologies Office (WPTO) and developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) to support U.S. hydropower market acceleration. Registered users may view and query geospatial distributions and characteristics of various key datasets developed through ORNL's National Hydropower Asset Assessment Program (NHAAP). These data include information on:
- Existing hydropower assets;
- New Stream-reach Development potential;
- New development potential at non-powered dams;
- Summarized environmental conservation layers;
- Environmental mitigations for hydropower development;
- Hydrology and climate information;